FORO, the Transborder Library Forum, is a volunteer organization that cultivates a venue for the cooperative exchange of ideas, and the discussion of experiences and efforts concerning the provision of library services in the border regions between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
FORO objectives include:
- Strengthening links among information professionals concerned with building information bridges across international borders;
- Planning and implement cooperative projects between libraries across geographic borders;
- Facilitating the development of resource networks;
- Introducing librarians to current commercial library products and services;
- Sharing our cultural heritage while promoting literacy and library services.
The 2011 FORO will be held for the first time in Austin, Texas, July 21-23, 2011. Continue reading Time to get FORO on your calendar